Monday, February 27, 2012

BEHIND THE SCENES AT THE 84th ACADEMY AWARDS


The 84th Academy Awards, hosted by Billy Crystal, took place Sunday, Feb. 26 at the Hollywood and Highland Center in Hollywood and aired on ABC.

Sitting at home in your comfortable chair watching the Oscars, you’re not privy to all of the goings on behind the scenes.  Lots happened behind the golden curtain.

In the pressroom, celebrities hold up their trophies, smile and talk about what it’s like to have won the coveted golden statue.

Here are some moments not captured by the cameras.

 MERYL STREEP

MERYL STREEP, responding to a reporter’s question about whether she would have a cup of whisky that night just like Margaret Thatcher used to do, said.......

“I’m going to start with a cup and then see if I can walk in the Ferragamo’s.”

When asked about her 17 nominations and previous Oscar wins, Streep said.

“I won 30 years ago. Two of the nominees weren’t even conceived.”

OCTAVIA SPENCER

OCTAVIA SPENCER – responding to what she was going to do with the rest of her night, said.......

“Tonight I am going to find my castmates and I’m going to have a quarter of a glass of champagne and hang out. We all start projects in the next couple of days. I’m just going to live in this moment. We left our egos at the door and worked as one beautiful unit. It was an award winning cast.
This is one of those evenings in my life I will never forget.  I hope in some way I can be some kind of beacon of hope.”

Asked about acting, she said, “Take it seriously, but don’t take it too seriously!”

RICH MIDDLEMAS, P DIDDY, TJ MARTIN & DAN LINDSAY
"UNDEFEATED"

TJ MARTIN one of the directors of “Undefeated,” which garnered an Oscar for  Best Documentary, apologized for letting the F-bomb fly.

“I’d like to apologize for that. It wasn’t the classiest thing, but that being said, it came from the heart. We’re known for the F-bomb now. This is the F-bomb clan.” 

P. Diddy, one of the producers on “Undefeated,” came to the pressroom holding a glass of champagne and texting.  He briefly came on the stage and posed. However, he declined to answer any questions, giving the three directors Martin, Dan Lindsay and Rich Middlemas, the limelight.

No comments:

Post a Comment