The WestBrooks, BET’s new original one-hour docu-series is set to premiere on Wednesday, Oct. 14 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
The network hosted an invitation only soiree at SLS Hotel tonight where lucky guests were the first to screen the series’ debut.
The WestBrooks, also known as "The First Family of Social Media", includes India, Crystal, Bree, Morgan and Brooke, who each have a huge presence on social media totaling more than two million followers.
The show goes behind the tweets and posts to follow the insta-famous family as they work to establish the WestBrooks Brand, while doing all that they can to keep their tight-knit family intact in the midst of newfound fame and celebrity.
Also featured on the show are the sisters’ parents Warren and Candy.
Four of the five sisters (excluding India) participated in a Q&A after the screening to talk about why they are doing the show and what viewers can expect.
Asked why they wanted to do a reality show, Morgan said, “Do we have a choice? Instagram put us here. This will give everyone a better understanding of who we are. They can understand us better. All they see is a picture.”
“We are all stronger together,” said Bree about working with her sisters and pumping up the family brand.
When asked about the comparison to The Kardashians, Bree confessed she likes the popular reality TV family.
“The Kardashians are awesome, but we’re just the opposite,” said Bree. “There are no million dollar cars or houses.”
About the #THEWESTBROOKS ladies:
· India (@indialove) is the pampered princess of the family. Most known for her rumored associations with multiple Hip Hop A-listers, this burgeoning model/fashionista stays busy juggling business meetings with posting endless selfies to her active social media accounts.
· Crystal (@westbrooks.crystal) is the free-spirited, peace-loving, hippy of the family. A college finance major by day, Crystal has aspirations of conquering the modeling and acting worlds with her signature smile.
· Morgan (@mommyistattedd) is her Dad’s protégé and the tough-as-nails tattooed biker girl with a business mind and a fuse you don’t want to ignite. Whether it’s riding with her bike club or running multiple businesses, the “Boss Lady” gives 100% to everything she does, including defending her sisters.
· Bree (@breecandace) is the temperamental middle child of the group. She’s a mother of one with a budding plus-size modeling imprint on social media which focuses on the beauty of women with curves.
· Brooke (@shes_brookelauren) is the big sister and heart of the WestBrooks family. This grounded mother of three is fiercely protective of her sisters as she makes plans to rule the fitness and fashion worlds with a focus on under-appreciated plus-size women.
#THEWESTBROOKS is executive produced by Lemuel Plummer for L. Plummer Media, Jason L. Tolbert, for Field Legend Productions and Le'John Plummer for Art Life Entertainment.
About BET Networks
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), is the nation’s leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African-American audience; BET Digital Network - BET Gospel, attractive alternative for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Home Entertainment, a collection of BET-branded offerings for the home environment including DVDs and video-on-demand; BET Event Productions, a full-scale event management and production company with festivals and live events spanning the globe; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET in the United Kingdom and oversees the extension of BET network programming for global distribution.